Congratulations to our dear Sister who just gave birth to a baby boy. Both Little Man and his parents are doing great.
Next week we’ll pick up the other pregnant ladies to visit the brand new family. If you’d like to donate baby supplies, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let’s make it happen.
First things first: congratulations to the four We Are Here-ladies who’re pregnant!! Yesterday we visited two of them at the Vluchthaven to hear what, besides the delivery of course, will happen between now and the first two months after they gave birth and how our communities can support them during this period.
The ladies told us the following:
– They want to thank everybody who offered to donate baby supplies. This truly lightened up their smiles.
– Two of the four have moved to asylum centres that are both in a 40 km radius from Amsterdam. The ladies informed us that somewhere between 6 to 4 weeks before their due date, they’ll get a room in one of the centres; they’re not sure how long they can stay there after they gave birth.
– They have to arrange their own transportation from the Vluchthaven to the centres. We’re on standby to give them a ride but we’ll also be in close contact with the We Are Here-volunteers to make sure we’re not arranging the same things.
Our conversation about what our communities can donate resulted in the following list (in random order):
– Shampoo, crème and/or body oil for the babies.
– Baby blankets
– Maxi-pads for women who just gave birth
– Maternity clothes. Size wise, the ladies are between 40 and 48 (Dutch clothing sizes)
– Carrycots (for a lack of a better description… “baby baskets”. Or, see image below.)
If you would like to donate any of the above, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘baby supplies’ in the subject line. If you’d like to help us spread the word via Twitter, please add the hashtag #undocumentednl to your Tweet so we can check if there are any questions we can (help you) answer.
Many, many thanks.